The ACGME has recommended that anesthesia residency programs integrate the internship year with the 3-year anesthesia training period. Because not all of our Stanford Anesthesia interns participate in an integrated clinical base year, a 10-month blended-learning online education and virtual mentorship program was designed to facilitate the transition from internship to residency. START was comprised of the following elements:
- Video podcasts with clinical vignettes and demonstrations
- Lectures on anesthesia fundamentals
- Pre- and post-quizzes on podcast and lecture content
- Interactive/collaborative activities
- Mentorship and wellness program
The START program has now been implemented at more than 25 US anesthesia residency programs, including two international programs. The positive educational effects of START were published in the Journal of Graduate Medical Education March 2013 issue.
We’re proud to offer this outstanding educational program as Learnly | START!